Important notes -
The front of the cover butts up against the roll across the front of the bed therefore -
The "length of the bed" dimensions are taken from the rear of the roll behind the cab. (See pictures above).
The lengths L1 and L2 must be taken with the tailgate up. See pictures above.
The width at the tailgate, W3 is best done with the tailgate down. See pictures above.
The truck used for the prototype development had widths of -
W1 - 1267mm, W2 - 1271mm, W3 - 1269mm, L1 - 1945mm, and L2 - 1941mm.
This resulted in a tonneau cover of 1928 long x 1249mm wide and supports of - left = 1925mm - right - 1920mm
This meant the cover was about 20-25mm narrower than the bed and about 10-15mm shorter than the
bed length. The hardware kit supports were also about 10mm - 15mm shorter than the bed length.
This is ideal as it means at the left and right hand side of the cover, there is a 10mm drainage channel.
It also means there is about 5mm at the front and back of both the channel and the front and back of the cover,
for the sealing foam. It is important for you to understand all of this so that you take the measurements
accurately and then we, in turn, can manufacturer a perfectly fitting cover for you. Also we are well
aware of the fact that a 60+ year old truck will not have standard bed dimensions. There were probably
size fluctuations between one truck and another in 1947-53 and that problem can only have increased
over the years. We would expect the two channels to be of unequal length but they might be the same.
This is the reason why we need all of these dimensions.
If you find your truck is similar to ours and a cover of 1928 long x 1249mm wide will work for you,
that is ideal, let us know, otherwise we will work out what you need once we receive the form.
Remember this cover will be custom made to fit your truck.
• A hard tonneau cover. Completely rigid, solid and strong.
• Zero impact. It can be fitted without drilling any holes in the truck. All paint work protected.
• Does not detract from the appearance of the truck.
• With the cover removed and just the hardware kit showing it still looks "show quality".
• When the cover is fitted but open it still looks excellent and does not detract in any way from the appearance of the truck.
• The cover can be removed in under five minutes.
• All materials and finishes are of the highest quality.
• There is a choice of hardware support finishes to suit painted or patina trucks.
• A water drainage system is included to prevent water from leaking into the bed.
• Better than original factory quality. Just look at the pictures above and below. More
• The model shown is supported by a mirror polished stainless steel installation kit.
Link to our own museum site
Rewind Museum. A Museum of vintage consumer electronics.
For old Satellite receivers with knobs on!
(and other historic items) - and
Vintage reel to reel video recorders. Vintage VHS
and Betamax VCRs. Vintage video cameras. Vintage
Laser Disc. Vintage Computers. Old telephones,
Old brick mobile phones. Vintage Hi Fi, Old reel
to reel audio and early audio cassette decks.
Including, the history time line of vintage
consumer electronics ... and much more .....
It is well worth a visit.
Only The Satellite Superstore brings you
great products, advice and it's own museum
A Useful Search Engine.
An excellent very comprehensive search engine. Find everything.
Probably the biggest search engine in the world.
Web site copyright © 2017 Vision International. All rights reserved.
For all questions & comments about this site's content, contact - Dave
using our Contact Form (We only accept questions in English.)